- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 heaping teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
Preparation:Combine ground beef with seasonings; form into 8 patties, each about 1/4-inch thick. Place cheese slices (might need to cut to fit) in center of 4 of the patties; cover cheese with remaining patties and press edges together. Broil or grill over medium-hot coals, turning once, until done.
Makes 4 large burgers.