Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup
- dash Tabasco or other hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
Preparation:Brown ground beef; add onion and celery and cook until tender. Drain off excess grease; add tomato sauce, tomato soup, hot pepper sauce, salt, and chili powder. Simmer, uncovered for 20 to 30 minutes. Spoon onto split, toasted hamburger rolls.
Makes about 8 skillet burgers.