- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- In a large bowl, cream together butter or margarine and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In another bowl, sift together 2 cups flour, soda, and salt. Add sifted ingredients alternately with buttermilk to creamed mixture.
- Toss rhubarb with 1 tablespoon flour, and stir into batter. Spoon batter into buttered 9 x 13 inch pan, and smooth the surface.
- Blend together 1/4 cup butter or margarine, cinnamon, and brown sugar; sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes.