- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Preparation:Gently mix ground beef with seasoned salt and pepper. Shape into 6 large hamburgers about 1 inch thick. In a heavy skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter or margarine; remove from heat; blend in mustard and oil. Return to heat. Sauté burgers over medium heat for about 5 to 6 minutes on each side, or until done to your liking. Remove and keep hot. Into pan drippings in skillet, stir lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and remaining 2 tablespoons of butter or margarine. Stir in chopped parsley. Spoon mixture over burgers. Serve hamburgers on buns or as hamburger steaks on thick toasted slices of good bakery bread.
Makes 6 large hamburgers.